Students enrolled in our adult education training programs benefit from a wide range of services at the Greater Altoona Career and Technology Center including the following:
- Career Services
- Students receive preparation for employment through a Career Readiness course that covers topics such as job searching, interview techniques, new employee expectations, and reference, resume, cover letter, and thank you letter creation.
- Events such as job fairs and employer panels are offered.
- Graduates receive lifelong career services assistance, and alumni receive job postings provided by area employers.
- Student Activities
- Students are offered the opportunity to participate in periodic activities such as volunteer experiences, Lunch and Learn presentations, holiday celebrations, and local events.
- A weekly student newsletter to keep students connected to of the GACTC and events in the community.
- Student lounge at the school (with coffee, vending options, microwave, fridge) for the convenience of students while on campus.
- Academic Support Services
- Academic services including tutoring, study tips, seminars, and academic advice.
- Assistance with connections to community and social resources.
To learn more about services for adult students, please contact us at (814) 941-8324 or email us at email@example.com.