(Courses 7370 - 7380) Pennsylvania Department pf Education CIP Code 46.0399
Students are expected to:
1. Be able to stand for long time periods
2. Use hands and fingers in working with small objects
3. Be able to follow directions with minimum supervision
4. Read and write at or near grade level
5. Be able to learn required math and measurement requirements
The Electrical Trades program is designed to train students to enter the field of residential, commercial, and industrial wiring and maintenance. Electricians install electric wiring, switches, lighting fixtures, and other types of equipment. The electrician also learns about state and local codes, and is able to work from blueprints.
Installation and maintenance of electrical and electronic control systems, motors, and servo-mechanical devices are an integral part of the program.
For information on this occupation’s description, required knowledge, job tasks and related job titles, state/national wages and employment trends, visit the U.S. Dept. of Labor’s site for this career field click here.
Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Ed Knapic
Instructor of Electrical Trades