Instructions for Professional Teaching, Counseling or Administrative Positions
Prospective PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYEE Application Requirements:
We are pleased that you are interested in being considered for a professional position in the Greater Altoona Career & Technology Center. We have an excellent school, and when vacancies occur, we actively seek outstanding individuals to join our staff.
- Please print out and complete the STANDARD TEACHING APPLICATION.
- Transcripts and teaching credentials. Instructors of English, Mathematics, Marketing, and Guidance Counselors must have appropriate teaching certification. Cosmetology instructors must have teacher licenses issued by the State Board of Cosmetology. Include licenses and other certifications.
- Three Letters of Recommendation
Mail all documentation to Greater Altoona CTC, Danielle Mehalick, Business Manager, 1500 Fourth Avenue, Altoona, PA 16602.
AFTER REVIEW OF YOUR APPLICATION
We will require job candidates to submit the following forms to complete the application:
- A copy of your CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND REPORT (Act 34). Act 34 clearances may be obtained on the PA State Police PATCH Website at https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp for a $22.00 fee. This clearance must be specifically for EMPLOYMENT. Section 111 of the PA School Code (Act 34 of 1985) requires that at the time of hire, successful job candidates provide the original Report of Criminal History Record Information from the PA State Police to be verified by the employer. Background reports may not be more than five years old at the time of hire.
- FEDERAL CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND REPORT Effective November 28, 2017, application for a Federal Criminal History Record background checks can be found at https://uenroll.identogo.
com/. The cost to you for this background check is currently $22.60. For GACTC (Area Vocational/Technical School), enter Service Code “1KG6NX.” Registrants will be given a UEID to provide to GACTC once prints have been processed. Applicants must present this number to the GACTC in order for the school to access the report via the electronic system. Applicants must go through the process as stated for a valid clearance to be accepted by the school. Background reports may not be more than five years old at the time of hire.
- A copy of your CHILD ABUSE CLEARANCE REPORT may be obtained by calling 717-783-621, by printing the form online, or by requesting the form from our school at 946-8450. Background checks are processed through the Department of Public Welfare at a cost of $8 to the employee. DO NOT SEND THE FORM TO OUR SCHOOL WITH YOUR CHECK. SEND IT DIRECTLY TO THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WELFARE. We cannot process this form internally. Act 151 of 1995 requires that at the time of hire, all new employees provide the original report for verification. Child abuse clearance reports may not be more than one year old at the time of hire.
- SEXUAL MISCONDUCT/ABUSE DISCLOSURE RELEASE
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- Original Criminal History Background Report (Act 34)
- Original Child Abuse History Background Report (Act 151)
- Original Federal Criminal History Background Report
- Original ARREST/CONVICTION REPORT AND CERTIFICATION FORM (Act 24)
- Original Mandated Child Abuse Reporting Training (Act 126)
- Original Pennsylvania Teaching Certificate
- Original DRIVER INFORMATION FORM
- Original Social Security Card for payroll verification. A birth certificate will not be accepted. If you have lost your social security card, contact your Social Security Office to obtain a replacement. A letter of verification from the Social Security Office will be accepted by our Payroll Office until such time as a new card is acquired and verified.
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Form. All new employees must present two proofs of identification to verify employment eligibility in the U.S. Examples of proof are: driver’s license, social security card, birth certificate, U. S. military card, visa, unexpired INS Employment Authorization. An incomplete I-9 form without supporting documentation is not acceptable.
- Physical Exam (if required): A routine physical exam from your family physician, at your own expense. Your exam may include a TB test or chest exam.
- Drug Test: All new employees will be required to submit to a drug test at the expense of the GACTC.
- TB Test or Chest X-Ray: Written evidence of a current (within one year) TB Test or Chest X-Ray. (A tine test is sufficient evidence.) This may be included as part of your physical exam.
- Wage Forms: Forms will be provided to select deductions.
- Benefit Forms: (If required)
- Any other additional information or documentation required for the position.
Professional Application Files
A final offer of employment is contingent upon the result of the above required documentation and exam reports and approval of the Joint Operating Committee. If you have any questions about our application procedures, please feel free to contact our Business Manager at 946-8459. Applications are kept on file for one year after receipt. We look forward to receiving your application for review.
Direct any questions to our Business Manager at 814-946-8459 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Greater Altoona Career & Technology Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. For information regarding civil rights, grievance procedures or access, contact Title IX Section 504 Coordinator, at 1500 Fourth Avenue, Altoona, PA 16602-3695 or telephone (814) 946-8457.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.